Now that you’ve found your new place to call home, it’s time to get packing and move. The idea of finding a moving company can seem daunting so Oxford Properties has compiled a handy list to help you through the process.
Here are some steps that will help make that decision a bit easier:
- Evaluate your needs and take a quick inventory of your belongings
- Ask your friends/neighbours for recommendations or search online for some reputable companies. Be sure to check the reviews.
- Get a quote. Some companies will send an estimator for a quick-walk through to view the items you plan on moving in order to provide the most accurate quote.
- Ask in advance about any extra fees or surcharges – some companies may charge extra for having to walk up stairs or use an elevator.
- Discuss their moving insurance policy and liability protection policy.
- Decide if you plan to pack your belongings yourself or if the company will pack for you – get the fee for this as well as the fees for packing materials.
- Get everything in writing and carefully review the contract before signing.
Oxford Moving Tip:
Before moving into an Oxford Residential Property, be sure to ask your Property or Resident Manager to confirm your moving date and time. This will ensure that you can book the elevator and coordinate the move with your Moving Company. This is also a great opportunity to get acquainted with your new property staff who can provide helpful tips about moving in, and share information about your new building and its amenities.
We look forward to welcoming you to our residences!